Winter/Spring 2020 Yoga Intensive & Yoga Teacher Training Program
Orientation & information session: Saturday, January 11th, 2020, 4:00 pm
Course dates: February 15th – June 27th, 2020
• Live your passion • Deepen your practice •
Module 1 — Yoga Intensive — Link spiritual practice with physical practice
6-week program, starting February 15th, 2020
Module 1 is open to anyone who would like to learn more about yoga and the yogic way of life. This intensive program is designed to build a strong foundation of asana, meditation, and ethical foundations for a spiritual life. Students progress through deeper study of yogic philosophy, anatomy, postures, mindfulness, and deep-dive workshops on special topics while incorporating these principles into their daily lives.
This module will include:
- Yoga philosophy, including passages from the Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Tantra
- The 8 limbs of Patanjali
- Alignment principles and methodology of Ashtanga Yoga
- 100 hours of supervised practice
- Three workshops:
- Ayurvedic Principles with Asrael Zemenick
- The Buddhist Mind with Whit Hornsberger, January 24th, 25th and 26th, 2020
- Intro to Ashtanga, February 2nd, 2020
- Includes unlimited yoga membership from Feb 15th to March 30th
Module 1 can be taken on its own or as the prerequisite to Module 2 of our Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) program. Entrance to the YTT module is based on suitability.
Module 2 — Yoga Teacher Training Program — Qualify for Yoga Alliance RYT 200-hour designation
March 28th – May 9th; June 6th – 27th, 2020
The student is required to have a regular yoga practice prior to acceptance to the YTT program, preferably an Ashtanga or flow-style class.
This module will include:
- Method of Ashtanga Yoga taught in the traditional manner at 6:30 am, five to six days a week. An afternoon Mysore class will be offered as well.
- Asana, meditation, and philosophy teachings on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
- Anatomy course will be done online with David Keil, and is to be completed by the end of June. Cost approximately $75 dollars
- Assignments will be given at the beginning of teacher training.
Completion of the Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) program requires participation in a jointly held class fundraiser, “108 Sun Salutations,” and two classes taught by each student at the end of the program. Upon completion of the program, mentorships will be offered.
We invite you to download the application form here: 2020 Intensive & Yoga Teacher Training Program (Adobe PDF file). Please bring the completed survey (Pages 4 and 5) to Harmony Yoga.
• Transform & challenge yourself • Meet your highest potential • Connect body, mind, and spirit • Deepen your understanding • Awaken •