“To share my practice with others and help people in a different way. Also to deepen my understanding of yoga and my connection to myself.”
Retreat to India!
22 Days — An Integrated Yoga Journey
with Deborah Carruthers
Imagine yourself in a place where boundaries dissolve, obstacles are removed, and the heart blossoms like a lotus flower in the sun…
Where: Tropical South India in the spice hills of Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kerala, India
When: November 8 – 29, 2018
Space is limited, so book a spot today!
Harmony Yoga is once again offering an unforgettable Yoga Retreat. This year, we have added an overnight houseboat tour and an extra day to give you a well-rounded taste of the coast. We have partnered with Kajal India Tours to create an amazing experience for yoga retreat participants that is safe, transformative, and fun.
Deepen your practice while experiencing the sights, sounds, and fragrances of India. This amazing opportunity lets you experience India’s culture and people, while immersing yourself in yoga theory and daily practice. The intensive is transformative for body and mind.
- Yoga Intensive classes with Harmony Yoga’s Lead Instructor, Deborah Carruthers
- All accommodation (double occupancy) from Day 0 to Day 22
- 3 meals/day at the Retreat Centre
- Private ground transportation to and from the Retreat Centre
- Airport transfers
- 3 excursions
- Overnight houseboat tour
- Pre-trip info session and preparation (including packing lists, cultural information, maps)
- Assistance with flights and Indian visa
- International return flight to India
- Travel health insurance
- Indian tourist visa
- Some meals at arrival/departure city
- Free time excursions, tips, souvenirs, personal items
Yoga and energy requirements
- Students are interviewed by Deborah Carruthers to determine yoga level and experience. This Retreat is an intensive with 6 hours of daily practice, including meditation, pranayama, yogic philosophy, and classical asana. Classes are voluntary.
- Daily free time to rest or explore the amazing Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary environs.
- 1 day built-in at the start of the journey to acclimatize.
- We stay in clean, moderate-standard family-run character hotels (3-4 star) in the centre of activity, with western toilets, showers, ceiling fans, and two single or two double beds.
- Retreat members share a double room with another member.
- Hotel rooms are included starting the night of Day 0 (November 7) to the night of Day 22 (November 29). Arrival in the early hours of November 8, 2018. Departure taxi at midnight, November 29, to leave in the early hours of November 30, 2018.
- In arrival/departure city, breakfast is included. Lunch and dinner (not included) will be taken at local restaurants.
- The Retreat Centre includes 3 meals/day with a buffet-style Western/Indian fusion, with vegetarian selections. There are many restaurants available in Kochi, Kumily/Thekkady town as well. Please note there is no alcohol taken during retreat.
- Those with special diet needs, allergies, or those with diet restrictions can manage well with a little planning and communication with hotel hosts.
- We have a private bus all to ourselves for the journey to and from the Retreat Centre.
- Airport transfers are included. For those extending their stay in India, airport departure transfer is not included.
- Travel health insurance for the duration of the trip is mandatory.
- Pre-trip immunizations are optional.
Before and After Retreat
- The cost of the international return flight to India is not included. Preference is for the group to travel together on a flight chosen for its expediency. Retreat members will arrange flights in consulatation with Julie Price.
- You will receive a “Preparing for India” package within 1 week of receipt of deposit.
- For those continuing to explore India on their own, Kajal India Tours can design an exciting onward journey.
Cost: $2,835 CAD. This includes a $500 deposit, required for registration.
Space is limited, so book a spot today!
You can register by completing the registration form available at Harmony Yoga Center, and scanning/emailing/posting it to Kajal India Tours or personally dropping it at Harmony Yoga Center.
- A refundable $500 deposit (made by cheque/e-transfer) is required to reserve your place, and is applied toward the cost of your Retreat. Please make your cheque payable to Julie Price, and e-transfers to Julie Price at her email as given below. A photocopy of the photo page of your passport is also required to register unless you do not have one.
Preference is given to Harmony Yoga students. Participants must be interviewed by Deborah Carruthers to ascertain suitability of yoga level.
If the Retreat is full, you may apply to the wait list, or have your deposit returned. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Julie at Kajal India Tours (contact information given below).
What if I need to cancel?
- You can cancel up to 60 days prior to departure date without penalty (before September 7, 2018) – Return of full cost of Retreat.
- Cancellation less than 60 days prior to departure (September 7, 2018 onwards) – Forfeit $500 deposit, return of balance.
- On or after departure date (November 6, 2018) – Forfeit entire cost of Retreat.
- Kajal India Tours/Harmony Yoga reserves the right to cancel a Retreat at our discretion and monies received by us will be fully refunded.
About Deborah Carruthers – Founder of Harmony Yoga and Wellness Center
Deborah is dedicated to providing skillful and transformative yoga and wellness. She began her yoga journey later in life and has practiced the Ashtanga method ever since. Completing her teacher training at an Ashtanga Studio in Victoria approximately a decade ago, she continued with Yin Yoga teacher training with Bernie Clarke in Vancouver. An avid student, she travels to India to study with senior Ashtanga teachers and explore Indian culture. Her teaching style is influenced by many wonderful teachers including Chuck Miller, Kino MacGregor, David Swenson and Rolf & Marci Noyoko. Daily practice has radically transformed her life and her wish is to share this journey with her students. This will be Deborah’s third journey leading retreats in Kerala.
About Julie Price – Founder of Kajal India Tours
Julie brings to the party a passion for India and has been travelling there since 1987. Her ideals of world peace have inspired her to create experiences that bridge cultures, enriching both sides. Starting in 2000, Julie personally guided tours to Kerala and Rajasthan for a decade. Although retired from active tour guiding, being a dedicated “India-phile” she can’t stop herself designing and facilitating custom tours for individuals and groups. She has also organized and participated in sending Health Teams to Kalimpong, West Bengal and Retreats of all manner to Kerala and North India. Julie ensures Yoga Retreat members are planted in a supportive environment to have the best possible safe and fun experience of India, stretching not only bodies, but minds and spirits too.