“Yoga has always made me feel good. I wanted more and so joined the teacher training course. Yoga has opened my heart in a way I didn’t think possible. I’m excited to share those possibilities with those out there who are ready to crack open their hearts and let yoga in.”
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
with Sarah Domes, Sleep Coach + E-RYT 500 Yoga Instructor
When: Friday – Sunday, July 6th, 7th, & 8th, 2018
Where: Harmony Yoga & Wellness Center, 360 Duncan St, Duncan BC
This informative and inspiring weekend retreat, rooted in mindful self compassion, is suitable for yoga teachers, wellness practitioners, and individuals looking to deepen their own practice.
Friday, July 6th, 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Module 1 – Grounding & Personal Practice
- Grounding as a teacher: holding a space of safety and stillness
- Experiential learning: enjoy a deep relaxation restorative yoga practice with guided meditation
Saturday July 7th, 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Module 2 – Props & Postures
- Restorative Yoga postures & skillful use of props to aid relaxation
- Physiological & neurological benefits of restorative yoga postures
- Psychological and energetic effects of restorative yoga
- The autonomic nervous system & the relaxation response
- Modifications for comfort, injury, and pregnancy
- Observation of misalignments that inhibit relaxation
Module 3 – Deepening Relaxation
- Artful sequencing
- Language of relaxation – how to speak and choose words to deepen relaxation
- Environmental relaxation – how to set up the space & music for optimal relaxation
- Therapeutic touch & consent
- Practice teaching using language of relaxation
Sunday, July 8th, 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Module 4 – Meditation & Mindfulness
- Guided meditation and visualization to support deep relaxation
- Breathwork to support deep relaxation
- Practice teaching guided meditation and breath work
Module 5 – Teaching & Sequencing
- Practical experience sequencing and teaching a restorative yoga class
- Integrating restorative postures into hatha, vinyasa, and yin classes
Each module will start with a grounding meditation, visualization, and breath work to cultivate an appropriate internal state for restorative yoga, which will be integrated into teaching, and lay the foundation for the Meditation & Mindfulness module.
Teachers are eligible to use these hours toward Yoga Alliance continuing education; however, this weekend is not limited to yoga teachers. Anyone who’s interested in cultivating skills in deep relaxation can attend.
All attendees, please bring:
- Eye mask or eye pillow
- Yoga mat
- Journal & pen
Cost: $299 + GST. Early Bird Price: $270 + GST when you register BEFORE June 6th!
About Sarah Domes
This training will be taught by Vancouver-based yoga teacher, Sarah Domes. Sarah is a certified sleep coach as featured on MyYogaOnline, and is the past owner of ITY Restorative Studio, and is a Yoga Alliance certified E-RYT 500 hour yoga instructor.
Testimonials from recent restorative yoga graduates
I loved our restorative training. You created a such a safe and loving space where a community was formed. I thank you. The weekend went so fast, even though we were slowing down. So many things were taken away with me, the tone of voice, the language and of course the sequencing.. But most of all, I walked away with more confidence, more awareness and gratitude. I look forward to another one of your beautiful sessions.
– Jen Marshall, Abbotsford
I took your Restorative Yoga Teacher Training class in February and what a beautiful thing to learn! Relaxation, which should come easy to people, can be the hardest thing to achieve on your own. How wonderful it was to find someone to teach us how to access this part of ourselves and improve our health both mentally and physically. I loved your class so much, Sarah, and can’t think of a better teacher suited to and educated about this much needed class.
– Valarie D, Abbotsford
I am delighted that I attended this training with Sarah. It was a weekend of self compassion for both yourself and others. It has changed how I approach teaching yoga and my life in general. The course teaches you how to hold space for your students and yourself in such a beautiful way. Thank you.
– Gill Ingrey, Courtenay
For me it was a haven in the middle of a storm of emotion… I felt nurtured even though it was a very intensive time of learning and there was a huge amount of content to cover. The connection amongst fellow yoga instructors was tangible, you could feel it! Lovely!
– Tammy Baker, Abbotsford
I loved our restorative yoga weekend! <3 It felt like a “spiritual retreat” to go deeper, but to also learn how to teach others and myself! The guided meditations that you lead were amazing and the quiet was wonderful… the whole experience was very peaceful… and healing.
– Melissa Moser, Qualicum Beach
Thank you for the wonderful weekend of restorative yoga that you taught in Courtenay. Love it! I didn’t realize we would get into the depth that we did. Wonderful exploring.
– MaryAnne Meredith, Courtenay
I found the restorative yoga teacher training to be full of knowledge for myself. Sarah was very thorough and specific in her teachings. She addressed every question with thoughtful consideration and caring and compassionate responses. I connected with many amazing ladies who were just as caring, and I gained a whole new sense of self confidence by the end of the weekend. I highly recommend any training from Sarah and look forward to maybe having a chance to work with her again.
– Sherri Kennedy, Courtenay
Meditation Video Clips
Restorative Video Clips