Our Re-opening Plan: Starting May 26th
Our Commitment to the Space
- The space has been repainted and professionally cleaned and sanitized in preparation for our opening.
- We are continuing to use top-grade disinfectants and cleaners to ensure space is sanitized.
- Hand Sanitizer will be readily available for use.
- Classes will only run when we are certain health and safety is maintained. Any class that can’t be offered safely will be cancelled – at times this might be last minute. All cancelled/ missed classes will be credited back to the student.
- We will continue to be vigilant and adapt as new info and policies come forwards (Info from Island Health)
- In-studio classes for students with active passes ( class passes and unlimited). We are not able to accept walk -ins or drop-ins for our in-studio class. You can Renew your membership online or arrange to pay in-studio. If you would like to pay by debit or credit in-studio, please contact us ahead of time to set this up.
- Please bring everything you need for class (Props, Mat, water). We are not able to supply the water fountain, mats or props at this time. Though we are happy to help place custom orders through Halfmoon to ensure everyone has what they need for a supported practice.
- Guided Floor plan: we have placed a marked line on the ground for Mats, each 6ft apart.
- Weather Permitting We will open the doors to circulate fresh air. Our fans and internal air system will be running as well.
- Limited use of Washroom: Please change ahead of time and use the washrooms only when absolutely required. There will be no shower at this time.
- No Lobby/Wait room/Social Space: Entering and exiting the studio will need to be prompt to ensure teachers and students have adequate physical space and time before and after class.
- No Late policy: As the studio won’t be “staffed” at this time, your teacher will need to lock the studio promptly when class starts. We are not able to accommodate latecomers at this time.
- Teachers’ space: We won’t be able to congregate after class, though we still love to support you. Please consider emailing non-time-sensitive questions or feedback.
- Students’ Space: Teachers will not be offering adjustments and will be teaching from a safe distance from your mat. Remember to keep distance from fellow students before and after class.
- Online Classes are continuing to run.
- Stay Kind: Kindness goes a long way.
- Online Sign in: For Online and in-Studio Classes sign up online. There is no drop in/walk in for in-studio classes
- Class size is limited: Classes are capped at 12. The studio is well suited to hold 14 with mats 2 metres apart so in time, we will increase our cap to 14.
- There is a max of one in-studio class per day, per student. Online classes are unlimited.
- To Cancel: Leave as much time as possible when cancelling your reservation so we can offer the space to our wait list.
- Doors will be opened around 15 mins before class. We encourage you to wait in your car. If you are waiting at the door, please maintain distance in line.
- Once the teacher is behind the desk, students may enter one at a time, removing shoes/coat and going straight into the studio. Hand Sanitizer is provided.
- Guided floor plan: Lines are marked on the ground to indicate where mats can safely be placed to ensure mats are 2 metres apart and there is space in the centre for the teacher to move an be seen.
- Directed exit: Teachers will guide you on your exit.
- No Lobby space: we need to leave as swiftly as possible. Waiting for rides, chats etc, will all need to be outside.
- No Shower: We are not able to use the shower.
Teacher + Member Responsibility: All Hearts on Deck
- You have Covid-19, flu, allergy, or cold symptoms such as: runny nose, cough, fever, fatigue, sore throat etc.
- You are being tested for Covid-19 or are in contact with someone currently being tested for covid-19.
- You have travelled: please follow government guidelines if you have left the country/province.