Covid-19 Safety Plan for Harmony Yoga Offering Low-Intensity Fitness Activity: Updated Dec 9th 2020
Thank you to our teachers and students for your diligence. It takes a village!
Teachers and Staff:
- Health checks before arriving each day: teachers complete the daily health check and confirm on arrival (verbal declaration) it was completed.
- Teachers must wash or sanitize hands when arriving
- Online classes are offered in the event that a teacher does not pass the health check
- Admin has the option to work off-site whenever possible to limit contact in studio.
- Classes scheduled with minimum 15mins between two classes to allow safe exiting and entering for students
- Spot- cleaning of floor spaces used by students is done between classes
- Staff who have covid-19 symptoms must self isolate for 10 days
- Staff who have been in contact with someone with covid 19 must isolate and teach from home
- All teachers are informed about policies and updated as changes are made
- Teachers and staff monitor to and to ensure that Covid Safety plan is followed and enforced.
Students and customers
- Masks are worn in all common areas
- Masks are provided for anyone who needs one.
- Students must pre register for classes ahead of time.
- Sanitizer is provided at exit , entrance and throughout the lobby for convenience
- Students take self health check (posted at the door) before entering building
- Online classes are offered and encouraged as an alternative
- Students bring their own water bottle, props and yoga mats for practice.
- Studio propscan be used, if students forgets props
- Used Studio props are cleaned and quarantined for 24 hours.
- Student name and contact info is required for each class to enable contact tracing
- As well as in person updates, Students are sent regular newsletters and emails to keep them informed on changes.
- Students are directed to breathe gently through nose ( no hard exhalations through mouth) during class
- Students who leave mid-class are not replaced by waitlist students.
- Single Classes can be used for online classes. Multi-class and unlimited passes can be used in studio.
Lobby: The front entrance, desk, coat rack, retail area
Studio: The yoga space
- Masks mandatory in all common areas ( for those able to wear masks)
- Mask are available for those that need
- Physical Distance directed with signs and with Floor markers in lobby and studio.
- There is no congregating in the studio or lobby before or after class.
- Separate entrance to building is monitored by teacher or staff
- Doors propped open whenever possible to reduce high touch
- Air Purifiers (kill germs and virus) run during class
- We have posted an occupancy limit for the lobby: 3 Students are directed to wait by sign to keep Cycle Therapy entrance free
- Posted Occupancy limit for the studio:13
- Stalled/ double washroom is closed. Only the single occupancy accessible washroom is open.
- Washroom has running water, soap, and paper towel.
- Studio floor is clearly marked to identify where students’ mats are placed.
- Mats are 2metres apart.
- High ceilings, excellent building fan and ventilation system, air purifiers and open doors maintain safe ventilation during classes.
- During class, studio is heated to room temperature by infrared heaters without use of blowing air heater
- There is a 3 metre separation between teacher and students for the entire class. Masks are worn anytime the teacher is not on their mat.
- Yoga Cues are offered verbally from teachers. No Hands on Adjustments are made.
- Music in Class is not played about speaking volume.
- High Contact surfaces are cleaned 8:30 am and 2pm: studio floor, doors, lights, counter, electronics, water fountain, washroom ( sink, lights, toilet, accessibility bar).
- Deep cleans are 1 per day ( afternoon between classes). Deep clean is all floors ( studio, lobby, washroom), counters throughout, washrooms ( sink, toilet, door handles), carpets, used props.
- Spot cleaning is done after each class ( sweeping and mopping yoga spaces used)
- Cleaners protective gear: masks and gloves encouraged
- Studio Props are quarantined and cleaned after use ( students are actively encouraged to bring props from home)
- Hand Sanitizer is offered throughout the studio
- High-Quality Air purifiers are run to kill airborne germs and virus,
- Teachers: Disinfect Ipad and Ear Mic, and Stereo after their class
- Any Retail clothing tried on is quarantined for 24 hours.
- Staff is directed to wash hands often.